Twitter - a waste of time or can it really help with your business?
For many people, Twitter is still foreign, while others are of the firm opinion that it can add a lot of value to a business. According to the experts, you can use Twitter on-the-go to promote your business. It allows you to conduct market research, communicate with your followers, perform public relations and marketing tasks - all in one. A great plus is the fact that it mainly operates on mobile phones, the most accessible and widely used technology around the world.
Because Twitter allows you to target users, groups and topics, it is a great way to generate traffic. According to research, an active Tweeter reads around 200 tweets a day.
Twitter could be the secret to success for solo flyers or big companies. In its essence, it is a vehicle for dialogue. A sort of mass broadcast centre for tiny messages from people all over the world.
Before you give Twitter a go, it is important that you understand it to take advantage of the benefits. Here are a few tips:
- Maintain a personal touch – Twitter encourages connecting with people in a direct manner and encourages a give-and-take relationship.
- Manage your online reputation – via Twitter, this is easy and fast
- Get a feel for your competitors – an effective strategy through Twitter. If there is a crisis, you can respond rapidly.
- Boost your brand awareness – through constant Tweets about your business.
- Promotions – communicate launches, events, specials, etc.
- Promote your blog content – a great way to draw traffic to your blog and website.
- Press releases – a great way to keep your customers updated.
Realising the power of Twitter, with millions of people using it every minute, businesses can really draw from this power to broadcast. It lets you engage with fans, bloggers, colleagues and the media on a personal level. It gives you a voice and enables you to become a thought-leader in your field.
In the light of all these advantages, why not open your Twitter account today and start Tweeting!